You may order your Repeat Prescription by One of the Following Methods:
Ordering Your Repeat Prescription in Person Please ensure that you order your repeat prescription using the right hand side of your repeat prescription order form and ticking the items required. This will ensure that no errors are made and you receive the correct medication. if you have not got your order form, just ask at Reception and your form will be printed for you. But please remember when collecting your repeat prescription, to retain the right hand side of your form for when you next order!
Ordering Your Repeat Prescription with the Pharmacy Your pharmacy is also able to order your repeat prescription request for you. If yopu would like to use this facility, please contact the pharmacy of your choice, who will be able to advise you.
Please allow 48 hours, and after 4.00pm before collecting your prescription. This is to allow time for the doctors to review and sign the prescription.
PLEASE NOTE: THE PRACTICE DOES NOT ACCEPT PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS OVER THE TELEPHONE.
THE PRACTICE HAS STOPPED USING A FAX MACHINE INLINE WITH GDPR
Prescriptions for controlled drugs will only be given to the person named on the prescription
Patients taking regular medication will be asked to see the doctor or nurse at regular intervals for a medication review
ELECTRONIC PRESCRIPTION SERVICE (EPS)
The practice offers the facility of an Electronic Prescription Service, this means that once you have nominated a pharmacy, your GP will send all future prescriptions electronically to your preferred pharmacy.
If you would like to take advantage of this service, ask your preferred pharmacy to set your nomination. You do not need a computer to do this.
This will not affect the way that you order/request prescriptions
Benefits For You:
- Your GP will send your prescription electronically, so you do not need to pick your prescription up from the surgery.
- You will be able to obtain your medicines from any pharmacy you choose - whether it's near home, work or the shops.
- You may not have to wait as long for your prescription items, as often there will be time to get your repeat prescription items ready before you arrive at the pharmacy
More Information Available
- A full list of pharmacies who are offering the EPS is listed on NHSChoices Website
- Available from your local pharmacy of the surgery or online at www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/eps